Schmidt Homestead

Our new home in Woodburn, IL

Monday, February 12, 2007

We finally came to an agreement with the trailer dealer. We have a contract, but we haven’t signed it yet. There was one small thing that we wanted to change, and the lady agreed to it yesterday, but she hasn’t sent us the amended contract. I talked to the bank on Friday, and they said financing would be no problem once we brought them a copy of our contract. The dealer told us that if we could get our financing worked out at the beginning of the week, they could deliver the trailer at the end of the week! Weather permitting, of course. I’m not holding my breath that we’ll have it here this week, but it looks likely in the next week or two.

We spent Saturday at the property clearing out the space for the trailer. We were completely wiped out by the time we got home Saturday night. Yesterday we spent the day doing as little as possible and complaining every time we got up because we were sore all over.

We’re supposed to have a big winter storm move thru here tonight. They’re predicting 4-6” of snow in St. Louis and 6-9” in Bunker Hill!